Re: Get OpenShift API address

On Apr 4, 2017, at 12:48 PM, Tako Schotanus <tschotan redhat com> wrote:

So I know you can use "openshift.default.svc.cluster.local" for accessing the OpenShift's console API internally from within a Pod.
We actually use that to create a new project for the same user, but now we want to redirect the user to that newly created project.
So my question is:

Is there a way to get the OpenShift console's _external_ IP/host from inside a Pod?

It's been discussed several times, but depends on other features being introduced like PodPreset to make it easy to do.  There are other challenges, such as when you have multiple external IPs.

We'd like to do it, but no obvious mechanism yet.

Right now we have to add a field to our template where we're basically telling the user: "could you look at the address bar of your browser and paste the hostname/IP-address you see there into this field?". Not very user-friendly :)

--

TAKO SCHOTANUS

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER

Red Hat