Re: Logging (aggregated, FluentD)

On 04/19/2017 08:39 AM, Shepp wrote:
Hi Rich,

Thanks. So first should I not be pointing Kibana at the same host as my OSE Web Interface?

You should be pointing Kibana at the same host, but not necessarily the same hostname. For example, I usually have something like this in my /etc/hosts for testing:

10.x.y.z ocp.origin-14.rmeggins.test kibana.origin-14.rmeggins.test

So everything is on the same physical host/IP, but I use https://ocp.origin-14.rmeggins.test:8443 to access the OpenShift console, and use https://kibana.origin-14.rmeggins.test for access to Kibana

If not, how would you suggest to install/reconfigure. I'm in AWS and I don't really follow what you mean by openshift.deployment.subdomain. Would that be another instance in AWS?

No, not necessarily.

Re: OSE version - yes I'm running OSE 3.4/Kube 1.4. Here's the output of oc version:
===========================

[root ip-172-31-45-158 ~]# oc version

oc v3.4.1.12

kubernetes v1.4.0+776c994

features: Basic-Auth GSSAPI Kerberos SPNEGO

Server https://ip-172-31-45-158.us-east-2.compute.internal:8443

openshift v3.4.1.12

kubernetes v1.4.0+776c994

===========================

Here's the fluentD conf:

[root ip-172-31-45-158 ~]# oc project logging

Now using project "logging" on server "https://ip-172-31-45-158.us-east-2.compute.internal:8443";.

[root ip-172-31-45-158 ~]# oc get configmap logging-fluentd -o yaml

apiVersion: v1

data:

  fluent.conf: |

    # This file is the fluentd configuration entrypoint. Edit with care.

    @include configs.d/openshift/system.conf

# In each section below, pre- and post- includes don't include anything initially;

    # they exist to enable future additions to openshift conf as needed.

    ## sources

    ## ordered so that syslog always runs last...

    @include configs.d/openshift/input-pre-*.conf

    @include configs.d/dynamic/input-docker-*.conf

    @include configs.d/dynamic/input-syslog-*.conf

    @include configs.d/openshift/input-post-*.conf

    ##

    <label @INGRESS>

    ## filters

      @include configs.d/openshift/filter-pre-*.conf

      @include configs.d/openshift/filter-retag-journal.conf

      @include configs.d/openshift/filter-k8s-meta.conf

      @include configs.d/openshift/filter-kibana-transform.conf

      @include configs.d/openshift/filter-k8s-record-transform.conf

      @include configs.d/openshift/filter-syslog-record-transform.conf

      @include configs.d/openshift/filter-common-data-model.conf

You do have the common data model filter, so I don't think that is the problem.

      @include configs.d/openshift/filter-post-*.conf

    ##

    ## matches

      @include configs.d/openshift/output-pre-*.conf

      @include configs.d/openshift/output-operations.conf

      @include configs.d/openshift/output-applications.conf

      # no post - applications.conf matches everything left

    ##

    </label>

secure-forward.conf: |

    # @type secure_forward

    # self_hostname ${HOSTNAME}

    # shared_key <SECRET_STRING>

    # secure yes

    # enable_strict_verification yes

    # ca_cert_path /etc/fluent/keys/your_ca_cert

    # ca_private_key_path /etc/fluent/keys/your_private_key

      # for private CA secret key

    # ca_private_key_passphrase passphrase

    # <server>

      # or IP

    #   host server.fqdn.example.com <http://server.fqdn.example.com>

    #   port 24284

    # </server>

    # <server>

      # ip address to connect

    #   host 203.0.113.8

# specify hostlabel for FQDN verification if ipaddress is used for host

    #   hostlabel server.fqdn.example.com <http://server.fqdn.example.com>

    # </server>

throttle-config.yaml: |

    # Logging example fluentd throttling config file

#example-project:

    # read_lines_limit: 10

    #

    #.operations:

    # read_lines_limit: 100

kind: ConfigMap

metadata:

creationTimestamp: 2017-04-12T17:20:48Z

  labels:

    logging-infra: support

  name: logging-fluentd

  namespace: logging

  resourceVersion: "188321"

  selfLink: /api/v1/namespaces/logging/configmaps/logging-fluentd

  uid: 5ee29731-1fa4-11e7-b524-0a7a32c48dc3

I'm happy to give you access to my environment if that would help.

Sure.  At this point I have no idea what's wrong.