Routing & External Service

I am looking for a bit of advice on the best practice for routing.

I have a service which I do not control. It lives behind an ELB and runs over plain HTTP.

I would like to add the following to it via an Openshift cluster:
1) HTTPS termination
2) CORS headers
3) Enhance the request to include some API keys via http headers

I could deploy a new service that adds 2 + 3 with 1 added via a route. But haproxy in front of haproxy seems overkill.

I was looking at the potential of a service with a type of ExternalName but that does not help with adding the headers needed.

I'm also not too keen on adding a configmap to all the haproxy config in the router config just to add the few extra headers for a single route.

What would be the recommended way to achieve the above?

Thanks,
David Conde