How to open port 9300 for aggregate logging without messing up iptables for Openshift

I am trying to start aggregate logging. The elastic search cluster requires port 9300 to be open. I am getting Connection refused errors and I need to open that port. How do I open port 9300 without messing up the existing rules for Openshift. Do I make changes in firewalld or iptables directly? I notice iptables is masked. In previous versions it seems like firewalld wasn't being used. Now it is. I am not sure what the right way to make port 9300 available to aggregate logging is.