How do you manage your git repository when you use public Ansible recipes like Ceph-Ansible or OpenShift-Ansible?

Hi,

this is a message that I posted on Ansible Google Groups: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ansible-project/wfm_vmywwTU

I use Ceph-Ansible (https://github.com/ceph/ceph-ansible) and OpenShift-Ansible (https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible) to install this stuffs on our servers.

I would like to keep my configuration in a private Git repository.

For now, I use a private repository with this structure:
.
├── ceph
│   ├── prod
│   │   ├── README.md
│   │   ├── ansible.cfg
│   │   ├── ceph-ansible-upstream
│   │   ├── hosts
│   │   ├── playbooks
│   │   └── roles
│   └── test
│       ├── README.md
│       ├── ansible.cfg
│       ├── ceph-ansible-upstream
│       ├── hosts
│       ├── playbooks
│       └── roles
└── openshift
    ├── prod
    │   ├── README.md
    │   ├── ansible.cfg
    │   ├── hosts
    │   ├── openshift-ansible-upstream
    │   ├── playbooks
    │   └── roles
    └── test
        ├── README.md
        ├── ansible.cfg
        ├── hosts
        ├── openshift-ansible-upstream
        ├── playbooks
        └── roles

Git Submodule handle all *-upstream folders.

In all this environments I can add some private roles or playbooks.

My questions:

* how do you manage your Ansible installation when you use public Ansible recipes?
* do you fork this Ansible recipes and update it directly?
* do you use Ansible Galaxy roles? If yes, I think it's difficult because OpenShift Ansible playbooks are very long and complex.

Best regards,
Stéphane