Re: Question about router usage

https://docs.openshift.org/latest/dev_guide/getting_traffic_into_cluster.html#overview covers how to decide what to use.

UDP will not be possible via the routers.

On Aug 1, 2017, at 12:11 PM, Yu Wei <yu2003w hotmail com> wrote:

Hi guys,

How could I expose services using TCP/UDP protocols to external clients?

Could router be used?

For example, I want to deploy redis cluster in openshift cluster.

Redis cluster is using TCP protocol and listening on port 6379.

Could I expose redis service port 6379 with router?

If not, how could I expose the service to external clients?

Could I use nodePort provided by k8s or other advice?

Thanks,

Jared, (韦煜)
Software developer
Interested in open source software, big data, Linux