Re: Question about Azure blob support on OCP 3.5

Hi,

> I have a customer asking question about OCP 3.5 support using Azure Blob for their persistent storage requirements so that they can use it for logging/metrics.

OpenShift 3.5 does NOT support Azure Blob for the persistent storage. Please refer to the supported volume plug-ins list here:

  https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/3.5/install_config/persistent_storage/index.html#install-config-persistent-storage-index

> They tried to follow the advice base on below:
>
> https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible/blob/release-1.5/roles/openshift_hosted/templates/registry_config.j2#L25-L30

Having said that, you are referring to the option of Azure Blob for *Registry*, so you might want to configure Azure blob for registry.
In that case, you can refer to this knowledge article:

  How to configure Azure Blob Storage for OpenShift internal docker registry
  https://access.redhat.com/solutions/3097851

In terms of Ansible options, you can check all options which are supported via openshift-ansible-docs rpm like below:

  (e.g) openshift-ansible-docs-3.5.78-1.git.0.f7be576.el7.noarch
  /usr/share/doc/openshift-ansible-docs-3.5.78/docs/example-inventories/hosts.ose.example

but unfortunately it looks like openshift_hosted_registry_storage_azure_blob_* are not officially supported yet.

Anyway, the query is about OCP, so I think that we should discuss this on RH internal ML.

Regards,
Kenjiro

I have a customer asking question about OCP 3.5 support using Azure Blob for their persistent storage requirements so that they can use it for logging/metrics.

They tried to follow the advice base on below:
https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible/blob/release-1.5/roles/openshift_hosted/templates/registry_config.j2#L25-L30
But this didn't help them.

I would like to know if we have any reference customer that have successfully used azure blob as their persistent storage solution?

Regards,

Michael Calizo
Senior Technical Account Manager

Red Hat  Level 6, 1 Willis Street, Wellington