Re: Better understanding of limits and quotas

Hi all,

OK I created limit range for the pod and container and build worked. However I still don't understand that relation as only article provided by Alekandar gets into the point however it is still unclear why you should this or that... it says just best practice say thsi and this. In my opinion you should not be allowed to create any limits and quotas until you have limit range created first as one implies another one. Also I don't understand if I provide resuources for the target application when I build it... why building container cannot 'inherit' these settings. By creating quotas and limits I literally block everyone from building anything unless I put limit range in place as well.... very confusing and very weird behaviour. Also what overwrites what? Limits and quotas over limitranges?

Regards,
TH