From: Akram Ben Aissi <akram benaissi gmail com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 7:11:03 PM
To: Yu Wei
Cc: users lists openshift redhat com; dev lists openshift redhat com
Subject: Re: HAProxy not running on master

Hi Yui,

the masters runs the OpenShift API and web console on port 8443. OpenShift CLI or nodes communicates with master on this port.
OpenShift router are not really supposed to run on masters, unless you set your masters also as nodes, and specifically as infra nodes (region=infra)

If you do so, then, indeed, you will have an additional HAProxy process running on masters and listening on ports 80 and 443.