Re: OpenShift Gitlab webhook Jenkins issues.

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 4:39 AM, Thorvald Hallvardsson <thorvald hallvardsson gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

I configured Gitlab webhook for my test pipeline to fire up a build. The problem is as soon as I commit something jenkins complains with an error below:

To make sure i understand your scenario, you've defined a pipeline buildconfig in openshift and enabled a gitlab webhook trigger to trigger the build?  (vs defining a gitlab trigger in jenkins itself).

OpenShift Build jenkins/nodejs-pipeline-master-3 from http://gitlab.os.hr4.local/jenkins/nodejs-ex-1.git
Checking out git http://gitlab.os.hr4.local/jenkins/nodejs-ex-1.git to read Jenkinsfile
 > git rev-parse --is-inside-work-tree # timeout=10
Fetching changes from the remote Git repository
 > git config remote.origin.url http://gitlab.os.hr4.local/jenkins/nodejs-ex-1.git # timeout=10
 > git --version # timeout=10
 > git fetch --tags --progress http://gitlab.os.hr4.local/jenkins/nodejs-ex-1.git +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
 > git rev-parse null^{commit} # timeout=10
hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Command "git rev-parse null^{commit}" returned status code 128:
stdout: null^{commit}

stderr: fatal: ambiguous argument 'null^{commit}': unknown revision or path not in the working tree.
Use '--' to separate paths from revisions, like this:

at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1799)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1772)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1768)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommand(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1415)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommand(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1427)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.revParse(CliGitAPIImpl.java:686)
at hudson.plugins.git.GitAPI.revParse(GitAPI.java:316)
at hudson.plugins.git.RevisionParameterAction.toRevision(RevisionParameterAction.java:98)
at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.determineRevisionToBuild(GitSCM.java:991)
at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.checkout(GitSCM.java:1108)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.steps.scm.SCMStep.checkout(SCMStep.java:109)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.cps.CpsScmFlowDefinition.create(CpsScmFlowDefinition.java:130)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.cps.CpsScmFlowDefinition.create(CpsScmFlowDefinition.java:59)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.job.WorkflowRun.run(WorkflowRun.java:232)
at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:97)
at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:405)
Finished: FAILURE

It works when I take generic webhook URL however it engages a build regardless of which branch I'm commiting the change to - which is no ideal.

Any ideas why commit number in the code above is null ?

can you share the build json associated w/ the build that was kicked off by the webhook trigger?

also what version of the openshift sync plugin are you running and what version is your openshift cluster?

Thanks
TH