Re: Let's Encrypt certificates

I'm very interested in this as well, as I'd like to use it in classes I'm teaching on OpenShift.

Let's keep a very strict separation between types of traffic.  There's the traffic between nodes (kubelet,) master API servers, and components such as logging and metrics.  That's on the *.internal domain managed by the SkyDNS server on the masters.  The ansible variables openshift_master_ca_certificates, and the playbooks redeploy-openshift-ca just updates the CA certs on the masters, while redeploy-certificates.yml updates everything, event the routers. So great care must be taken in using ansible to manage your routers.  I think "Let's Encrypt" is less useful for all this private traffic, as OpenShift will accept self-signed certs, as long as it can sign them itself or with a provided CA or intermediary key.

Then there's public traffic managed under different DNS services for the API, Routers, and other possible apps.  THOSE are the places were I think we'd be most interested in Let's Encrypt.

Further thoughts?