simple way to resize persistent volumes?

We have out pv’s on a glusterfs cluster. A mongodb pod was provisioned with a 2Gi pv and has run out of space. We would like to resize this pv to 4Gi. So far I’ve done an “oc edit pv pvxxxx” and changed the size to 4Gi, then did an “oc edit pvc mongodb” and did the same. This doesn’t resize the pv, but only tells the pod that there should be 4Gi, but a look in the pod itself still shows 2Gi as the pv size. What else needs to be done in order to resize this pv?