Re: simple way to resize persistent volumes?

You can't edit a pvc spec after creation in current version of Openshift. For now, you can edit the PV and resize gluster volume manually and that should make more space available to the pod. But PVC will still have old size.

We are working on a implementation of expanding persistent volumes. https://github.com/kubernetes/community/pull/657 , hopefully that would solve some of these problems.