Re: OpenShift Origin Quickstart error: getsockopt: no route to host 172.30.0.1 on a VM

The system can't connect to the service IP. Have you read through the networking troubleshooting docs? They're a good place to start.

https://docs.openshift.org/latest/admin_guide/sdn_troubleshooting.html

The error is generic enough that you have to troubleshoot starting at the top. While annoying, if your goal is to learn it's a pretty good starting point!