Re: instant app templates no longer visible on web console

Did you check underneath "Uncategorized" ?  We no longer treat instant apps as a special category, all the categorization changed in 3.4.  If you liked having a concept of instant apps as a category you are able to customize the categories https://docs.openshift.org/latest/install_config/web_console_customization.html#configuring-catalog-categories