documentation on REST API for gluster storage class

Hi all,

I am currently investigating dynamic provisioning of gluster volumes for openshift. The gluster cluster is not containerized. I am aware that heketi is the recommend option. It however does not fit my use case for a variety of reasons.

https://github.com/screeley44/openshift-docs/blob/ce684e3c4c581db3b4aa27ecc1dba2ea65f51eda/install_config/storage_examples/external_gluster_dynamic_example.adoc

I noticed that when a storage class is defined in openshift, you simply specify HTTP url to the heketi server

kind: StorageClass
apiVersion: storage.k8s.io/v1beta1
metadata:
  name: gluster-dyn
provisioner: kubernetes.io/glusterfs
parameters:
  resturl: "http://glusterclient2.rhs:8080"  (1)
  restauthenabled: "false"

So here's my question, is the REST API for the glusterfs provisioner documented? I am assuming there are specific events in openshift that generate HTTP requests with appropriate JSON payloads, which are then sent to the heketi server. The server must do something with the messages and respond back with a HTTP response that conforms to that API. Assuming that's true, it shouldn't be that difficult to roll my own HTTP server that manages gluster volumes the way I need them to be managed. However, to do that, I need to know what that API is and I haven't been able to find any documentation on that. I suppose I could start reading through the heketi source code to reverse engineer the API but I'd rather avoid that if possible -- plus if I do implement this I'd want to use an API that's supported by the community

Thanks,
Joe