Re: Method to move a single or multiple pods to a different node?

On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 3:45 PM, G. Jones <misterjonestech gmail com> wrote:

I’ve got an Origin 1.5 environment where, during an outage with my nodes, pods got relocated to my masters fairly randomly. I need to clean it up and get the pods back where I want them but have not yet found a way to do this. The only way I see to move pods between nodes is to scale to two replicas, mark one node as unschedulable and evacuate to the other node, then scale down to one. Is there a way to move single or multiple pods between nodes?

Actually in this scenario it seems to me, the only way is to kill pods where you dont want them so that when they are recreated, the scheduler will schedule them by spreading evenly. So what you are suggesting is one way, and another way obviously is directly kill pods where you dont want them. In the future, a rescheduler (https://github.com/kubernetes/features/issues/109) should help with it :-).