RE: Method to move a single or multiple pods to a different node?

That’s just it, the masters were unschedulable. During the outage wer restarted the masters and nodes but the nodes wouldn’t come online. While we were working on getting the nodes up the pods had been restarted on the masters but they were never set as schedulable. When everything was finally up and running I did an oc describe node and found that pods were spread across the masters and nodes without me explicitly setting the masters as schedulable.

From: Per Carlson [mailto:pelle hemmop com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:46 AM
To: G. Jones
Cc: openshift
Subject: Re: Method to move a single or multiple pods to a different node?

Hi.

On 8 July 2017 at 21:45, G. Jones <misterjonestech gmail com> wrote:

I’ve got an Origin 1.5 environment where, during an outage with my nodes, pods got relocated to my masters fairly randomly. I need to clean it up and get the pods back where I want them but have not yet found a way to do this. The only way I see to move pods between nodes is to scale to two replicas, mark one node as unschedulable and evacuate to the other node, then scale down to one. Is there a way to move single or multiple pods between nodes?

If you don't want any PODs on the masters, why not making them unschedulable? Having the masters acting as a node in the event of failures sounds fragile to me (a POD could potentially consume all resources on the master and thus causing cluster wide instability).

--

Pelle

- Wernher von Braun