Re: oc rsh or oc get pod -w disconnection after few minutes

Title: Re: oc rsh or oc get pod -w disconnection after few minutes
Hi Philippe Lafoucrière.

on Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2017 at 21:04 was written:

We have achieved a lot of tests, and the connection is dropped somewhere in Openshift, not by the firewall.

As we don't have any proxy, except haproxy.

We've seen
https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/3.3/install_config/router/default_haproxy_router.html#preventing-connection-failures-during-restarts

Could it be related?

I think you should try to increase ROUTER_DEFAULT_CLIENT_TIMEOUT

oc env dc/router -n default ROUTER_DEFAULT_CLIENT_TIMEOUT=1h

You can see more of this variables in the doc

https://docs.openshift.org/latest/architecture/core_concepts/routes.html#env-variables

or in the code

https://github.com/openshift/origin/blob/master/images/router/haproxy/conf/haproxy-config.template#L98-L112

We're seeing a disconnection of `oc get events -w` after exactly 30s, which is exactly the reload time of haproxy.

thanks

--
Best Regards
Aleks