Re: BuildRequest name parameter

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 1:41 AM, Andrew Lau <andrew andrewklau com> wrote:
What is the purpose of the {name} URL parameter for the instantiate in BuildRequests? ie.
POST /oapi/v1/namespaces/{namespace}/buildconfigs/{name}/instantiate

the {name} parameter is the name of the buildconfig you are instantiating a new build of, not the name of the build being created.

The docs seem to suggest it's the name but I can set it to anything and the name ends up getting pulled from the JSON body ie.:

{
      "metadata": {
      "name": "test"
    },
    "triggeredBy" : {}
}

If my JSON body does not include a name then it complains that there is no "name".