Re: BuildRequest name parameter

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 at 22:52 Ben Parees <bparees redhat com> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 1:41 AM, Andrew Lau <andrew andrewklau com> wrote:
What is the purpose of the {name} URL parameter for the instantiate in BuildRequests? ie.
POST /oapi/v1/namespaces/{namespace}/buildconfigs/{name}/instantiate

the {name} parameter is the name of the buildconfig you are instantiating a new build of, not the name of the build being created.

I don't think that's the case.

In my example I have the build config "test"

So when I POST /oapi/v1/namespaces/{namespace}/buildconfigs/test/instantiate with the body:

{
    "triggeredBy" : {}
}

It will return the 403 error:

"message": "buildconfigs "Unknown" is forbidden: resource name may not be empty"

Then if I post something like:

{
      "metadata": {
      "name": "test2"
    },
    "triggeredBy" : {}
}

I still get the error:

"message": "buildconfigs "test2" is forbidden: buildconfigs "test2" not found",

Only until metadata.name matches the buildconfig will I get the 201 created code.

Now the second confusing thing is I can POST  /oapi/v1/namespaces/{namespace}/buildconfigs/idontexist/instantiate

{
      "metadata": {
      "name": "test"
    },
    "triggeredBy" : {}
}

Now this is accepted and creates the build for test, even though I posted to the buildconfig"idontexist" which also doesn't exist..

The docs seem to suggest it's the name but I can set it to anything and the name ends up getting pulled from the JSON body ie.:

{
      "metadata": {
      "name": "test"
    },
    "triggeredBy" : {}
}

If my JSON body does not include a name then it complains that there is no "name".