Re: Health check of API-server and HA-proxy

​Hi Alexandar.

> There is a /healthz endpoint in HA-proxy on port 1936, but it isn't
> exposed outside the cluster and requires a password (which is unique
> per dc). What else could be used? We would like to stay as close as
> "stock configuration" as possible to reduce technical dept.

For the HAProxy have we added the 1936 port on the router nodes in the
iptables chain OS_FIREWALL_ALLOW and configured the LB to check
/healthz.
​​
​But that will men you are health checking another port (1936) than ​what the load balancing rules points to (80, 443). Not sure if that's doable on a F5.

--
Pelle

- Wernher von Braun