Re: Can I exclude one project or one container to Origin-Aggregated-Logging system?

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 2:55 PM, Office ME2Digtial e. U. <aleks me2digital eu> wrote:
Hi Eric.

Eric Wolinetz have written on Tue, 30 May 2017 11:47:32 -0500:

> On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 10:46 AM, Aleksandar Lazic
> <aleks me2digital eu> wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > Afasik there is no option for this.
> >
> > Best regards
> > Aleks
> >
> > "Stéphane Klein" <contact stephane-klein info> schrieb am
> > 30.05.2017:
> >> HI,
> >>
> >> I just read origin-aggregated-logging
> >> <https://github.com/openshift/origin-aggregated-logging>
> >> documentation and I don't found if I can exclude one project or
> >> one container to logging system.
> >>

> You can update your Fluentd configmap to drop the records so that they
> aren't sent to ES.
>
> In the fluent.conf section you can add in the highlighted section:
>
> Please note the "**_" before and "_**" after the project names, this
> is to correctly match the record pattern.

> <label @INGRESS>
>   <match **_name-of-project_** >
>      type null
>   </match>
> ## filters
>
> You can also specify multiple projects on this match if you so desire
> by separating the patterns with spaces:
>   <match **_project-1_** **_project-2_** >

Ah you are referring to
http://docs.fluentd.org/v0.12/articles/config-file#2-ldquomatchrdquo-tell-fluentd-what-to-do

Correct. Depending on your version of OpenShift logging that has been deployed, you should be able to edit the fluent.conf file section within the logging-fluentd configmap.
$ oc edit configmap/logging-fluentd

thanks

--
Best Regards