Re: garbage collection docker metadata

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 at 21:10 Aleksandar Lazic <aleks me2digital eu> wrote:
Hi Andrew Lau.

on Freitag, 09. Juni 2017 at 12:35 was written:

Does garbage collection get triggered when the docker metadata storage is full? Every few days I see some nodes fail to create new containers due to the docker metadata storage being full. Docker data storage has plenty of capacity.

I've been cleaning out the images manually as the garbage collection doesn't seem to trigger.

Do you have tried to change the default settings?

https://docs.openshift.org/latest/admin_guide/garbage_collection.html#image-garbage-collection

How was the lvm thinpool created?
https://docs.openshift.org/latest/install_config/install/host_preparation.html#configuring-docker-storage

The docker-storage-setup calculates normally 0.1% for metadata as describe in this line
https://github.com/projectatomic/container-storage-setup/blob/master/container-storage-setup.sh#L380

Garbage collection set to 80 high and 70 low.

Garbage collection is working on, I see it complain about images in use on other nodes:

ImageGCFailed wanted to free 3289487769, but freed 3466304680 space with errors in image deletion: [Error response from daemon: {"message":"conflict: unable to delete 96f1d6e26029 (cannot be forced) - image is being used by running container 3ceb5410db59"}, Error response from daemon: {"message":"conflict: unable to delete 4e390ce4fc8b (cannot be forced) - image is being used by running container 0040546d8f73"}, Error response from daemon: {"message":"conflict: unable to delete 60b78ced07a8 (cannot be forced) - image has dependent child images"}, Error response from daemon: {"message":"conflict: unable to delete 2aebdcf9297e (cannot be forced) - image has dependent child images"}]

docker-storage-setup with 99% data volume. I wondering if maybe only the data volume is watched

--
Best Regards
Aleks