Getting "error: unexpected EOF" while checking logs on a single pod

I have a pod that's constantly restarting (Hawkular Metrics), pretty much
every day. I'm trying to keep an eye on the logs for that specific pod in
order to catch the events leading up to the restart so I use:

$ oc logs -f hawkular-metrics-j2q0a

And allow it to just run in the hopes that the next time it restarts I'll
see what caused it. The problem I'm running into is that it seems that if
nothing is written to the logs for some length of time the command stops
with "error: unexpected EOF" and just exits.

Is this by design? Is there something that can be tweaked to stop this from
happening?