Re: Routing & External Service

Thanks Aleksandar,

I'll give that a try.

David CondeĀ

On 2 May 2017 at 22:36, Aleksandar Lazic <aleks me2digital eu> wrote:
Hi David.

Am Wed, 26 Apr 2017 16:09:03 +0100
schrieb David Conde <david donedeal ie>:

> I am looking for a bit of advice on the best practice for routing.
>
> I have a service which I do not control. It lives behind an ELB and
> runs over plain HTTP.
>
> I would like to add the following to it via an Openshift cluster:
> 1) HTTPS termination
> 2) CORS headers
> 3) Enhance the request to include some API keys via http headers
>
> I could deploy a new service that adds 2 + 3 with 1 added via a
> route. But haproxy in front of haproxy seems overkill.
>
> I was looking at the potential of a service with a type of
> ExternalName but that does not help with adding the headers needed.
>
> I'm also not too keen on adding a configmap to all the haproxy config
> in the router config just to add the few extra headers for a single
> route.
>
> What would be the recommended way to achieve the above?

Well I would use the Passthrough Termination

https://docs.openshift.org/latest/architecture/core_concepts/routes.html#passthrough-termination

with "insecureEdgeTerminationPolicy: Redirect" and terminate on your
custom haproxy.

In case you don't want to build your own haproxy image can you
use my custom haproxy image

https://hub.docker.com/r/me2digital/haproxy17/

based on

https://gitlab.com/aleks001/haproxy17-centos