RE: 'oc new-app -f openshift/templates/nodejs.json' fails

Vyacheslav & Aleksander,

               Thank you both for your help. My nodes template app now works. There were 2 causes behind my problem: an error in my docker-registry setup and a mismatch between the imagestream tag in the imagestream template and the nodejs quickstart template. I probably had downloaded them at different times and didn’t check that they were in sync.

               -David

From: Vyacheslav Semushin [mailto:vsemushi redhat com]
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2017 12:41 PM
To: David VOGEL <David Vogel raytheon com>
Cc: Aleksandar Lazic <aleks me2digital eu>; users lists openshift redhat com
Subject: Re: 'oc new-app -f openshift/templates/nodejs.json' fails

Aleksander,
        Thank you for responding. Here is the information you requested:

$ oc status -v
In project test on server https://10.3.1.55:8443

http://nodejs-example-test.router.default.svc.cluster.local (svc/nodejs-example)
  dc/nodejs-example deploys istag/nodejs-example:latest <-
    bc/nodejs-example source builds https://github.com/openshift/nodejs-ex.git on openshift/nodejs:4
      not built yet
    deployment #1 waiting on image or update

Warnings:
  * The image trigger for dc/nodejs-example will have no effect until istag/nodejs-example:latest is imported or created\
 by a build.
  * istag/nodejs-example:latest needs to be imported or created by a build.
    try: oc start-build nodejs-example

$ oc get is -n openshift
No resources found.
# NOTE: my  docker-registry is running in the 'default' namespace of system:admin
# Is this the problem: should docker-registry should be running in the 'openshift' namespace?
# If so, where does it say this in the OCP v3.5 documentation?

This means that you hadn't import image streams: https://docs.openshift.org/latest/install_config/imagestreams_templates.html#creating-image-streams-for-openshift-images

--

Slava Semushin | OpenShift