Re: registry.access.redhat.com/openshift3/ose:latest wrongly tagged?

We'll update the installer to pull the v3.5, v3.4, v3.3 tags on branches release-1.5, release-1.4, and release-1.3 branches respectively when doing an OCP install whenever a specific release hasn't been requested. Unfortunately generic tags that point to the release for origin don't exist so the best we can do there is pull latest but origin doesn't generally suffer from the scenario where latest is pointing at an older release so I think it shouldn't be as big of a problem there.

https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible/pull/4166
https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible/pull/4168
https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible/pull/4169

--
Scott

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 2:47 AM, David Schweikert <david schweikert ch> wrote:
Hi Luke,

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 14:03:50 -0400, Luke Meyer wrote:
>     Note however that the official Ansible script to setup OpenShift seem to
>     use latest, unless you specify 'openshift_version' in the hosts file
>     (and that you should do that was not obvious to me). Also, it seems that
>     you need to specify the full version, like 3.5.5.5, for example.
>

> openshift_version is really a somewhat internal variable, whose outcome is
> supposed to be determined from openshift_release or other factors. Although
> some people probably do set it just directly and nothing dire happens.
>
> Did you have...?
> openshift_release=v3.5

No, I didn't. Thanks for the hint, I'll put it in. Also, thanks for
explaining openshift_version.

> I think this is what openshift_image_tag may be for:
> https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible/blob/master/inventory/byo/
> hosts.ose.example#L35
> ... however it's not clear from that description whether it's only used for the
> OpenShift components (masters, nodes, etc) on containerized images, or also
> configured for the images used in pods like ose, router, etc.

OK, I'll do some experiments with openshift_release and openshift_image_tag.

Cheers
David