StatefulSet from ImageStreamTag

Hi,
I'd like to create a StatefulSet from a ImageStreamTag, but the only way I found to make it work was to specify the full docker image url: "http://internal-registry-ip-and-port/project/image:latest". If I just set "image:latest", Openshift tries to look it up from docker (correct).

Is there a way to create a StatefulSet from a image stream, without specifying the current project or the registry ip address (almost like we do with DeploymentConfig objects)?

Thanks,
Nicola