Re: StatefulSet from ImageStreamTag

In 1.5 and before, you'll need to reference the registry by IP

In 3.6 there are several improvements that will make this easy - image lookup (you can reference the image stream tag by its short name within a namespace on stateful sets "image:latest") and image triggers on stateful sets (you can set an annotation that makes stateful sets behave like deployment configs)