Re: MustRunAsRange vs MustRunAsNonRoot

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 9:41 AM, Andrew Lau <andrew andrewklau com> wrote:
Thanks, that clarifies it a bit more.

What relationship do these UIDs have to the `docker run --user` parameter.

it should be basically the same behavior.

What confuses me still is with MustRunAsRange I can start a Docker container that has no USER (ie. root). However if I go to run that same image on Docker natively with something like `docker run user=1001 redis` it'll run into permission errors.

If you oc rsh into the container on openshift and run "whoami", what user is it running as?