Re: openshift memory requirements

How many nodes and pods are you planning to run?

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 1:43 PM, Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz hetz biz> wrote:
Hi,

I've read the docs about openshift memory requirements and I wanted to ask something..

I'm planning to build a system which will host a web site (wordpress based, for example) which will auto-scale based on the number of visitors..

According to the docs in the link (https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/3.5/install_config/install/prerequisites.html) it requires 16GB RAM (it's used to be 8GB in 3.0). It doesn't mention the amount of ram needed for the infra nodes in the docs (I assume another 8GB?)

My question: is there any way to build a system with much less ram? something like 4GB for Master, 4GB per node (minimum 2 nodes)? if so, what configurations should I add to my ansible host file?

Thanks