Re: Builder unable to resolve github.com

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 2:05 PM, Marc Boorshtein <mboorshtein gmail com> wrote:
I'm trying to deploy a custom s2i builder into my origin instance and when the build starts I get the the following error from the builder process:

Cloning "https://github.com/TremoloSecurity/openunison-qs-openshift.git" ...
error: build error: fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/TremoloSecurity/openunison-qs-openshift.git/': Could not resolve host: github.com; Unknown error

OpenShift is Origin:

oc v3.6.1+008f2d5
kubernetes v1.6.1+5115d708d7
features: Basic-Auth GSSAPI Kerberos SPNEGO

openshift v3.6.1+008f2d5
kubernetes v1.6.1+5115d708d7

Installed on CentOS7 using cluster up.  If I go into the master container I can resolve github.com just fine.  my VM has 2 virtual nics, one for host only and one for NAT (Virtual Box running on Fedora 26).

is your machine (the centos7 vm) running dnsmasq or anything else on port 53?  If so, shut it down prior to bringing up your cluster.

what the master container can resolve is not relevant, but if you want to diagnose things further, start a different pod (like the jenkins pod) and rsh into that pod and see
1) whether it can resolve hosts
2) what its /etc/resolv.conf value is
3) whether it has external connectivity (independent of its ability to resolve hostnames)

I found the following github issue but I don't see any movement on it (https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible/issues/5249).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

since you aren't using the ansible installer, that issue is probably not relevant for you.

Thanks
Marc