Re: Remote image with referencePolicy.type=Local -> manifest unknown

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 5:36 PM, Lionel Orellana <lionelve gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

I imported a remote image and set  referencePolicy.type to Local in the resulting tag. When I try to deploy an pod using this image stream tag I get "rpc error: code = 2 desc = manifest unknown: manifest unknown".

If I change the referencePolicy type to Source then the pod pulls the image fine from the remote registry. But this requires linking a pull secret to the deployment which is an extra step I could do without. I thought I would get around that by referencing the Local image.

How do I pull the remote image when referencePolicy is Local?

Is pullthrough enabled on your registry?
https://docs.openshift.org/latest/install_config/registry/extended_registry_configuration.html#middleware-repository-pullthrough

also:
"When performing pullthrough, the registry will use pull credentials found in the project associated with the image stream tag that is being referenced. "

So if your imagestream is in a different project, you need to make sure the credentials are in the right place.

Thanks