Re: Remote image with referencePolicy.type=Local -> manifest unknown

Is pullthrough enabled on your registry?

Yes.

"When performing pullthrough, the registry will use pull credentials found in the project associated with the image stream tag that is being referenced"

I'm deploying in the same project where the image stream is. I have a dockercfg secret in the project with credentials for the remote registry. I linked that secret to the deployment as pull secret. It works when remotePolicy is Source so I know the credentials are Ok. But how does the registry find the pull credentials to use? I assume it looks for the server name in the dockercfg secret?