How to pull images from a remote registry with the actual layers instead of just metadata?

Hi,

I'm using OpenShift 3.6.1 in AWS and I tried using "oc import-image" to pull an image from one openshift cluster to another.  I setup the docker secrets, and it appeared to be working as there was a bunch of metadata visible in the image stream.

However, when actually started a pod, it seemed at that point it tried to get the actual layers from the remote registry of the other openshift cluster, at this point it got some authentication error, which is super bizarre since it happily imported all the metadata fine.

Is there some way to actually do the equivalent of docker pull?  So that the image data is transferred in that moment, as opposed to a on-demand "lazy" transfer?

Can "oc tag" actually copy the data?

Thanks,

Joel