Re: How to configure pod network manually

OpenShift includes the SDN plugin implementation as part of "openshift start node".  The docker image for openshift/node (in images/node) and the Ansible installer both rely on the RPM to set up the proper files in the CNI directories, and then OpenShift autodetects the SDN plugin.  OVS today is installed on the host, which is the only requirement.

In a future release, both SDN and OVS will move to a daemon set and be installed on top of the cluster, and the openshift node process will stop launching SDN.