OpenShift registry behind registry auth issues

Hi,

I spend most of the day debugging why my OpenShift registry wasn’t working because the cluster lives behind a http proxy. I can see OpenShift ansible configured the registry with proxy settings including no_proxy, but in the error logs I could see during authentication it was trying to talk to the master api server at 172.30.0.1, but that wasn’t in the no_proxy env setting so the proxy was trying to resolve it and failing.

So that can be fixed by adding 172.30.0.1 to no_proxy, but it felt a bit hacky. A dns name would be better as they’re easier to wildcard in no_proxy.

I want to know how the registry knows to use the IP address of the master api server instead of a dns name? I couldn’t see a reference to the api server in /etc/registry. Where does it get that from? Is it part of a docket secret?

Thanks,

Joel