Updating node configuration after advanced installation

If I have a cluster that has been installed using the Ansible installer, and then want to make a small configuration change to the cluster, I can usually re-run the 'playbooks/byo/config.yml' playbook, but this re-runs everything and is very slow.

In specific cases where I only want to make a small config change is there a more efficient way to handle this? For example let's assume I want to make a change to a parameter like 'openshift_master_image_policy_config' and so that change only has to go out the master node(s) how can I apply that change efficiently once I've made the edit to the inventory file?