Project Templates and Quotas

I’ve been struggling with the best way to setup 3 simple quotas/limits on projects based on project type. For example, we’d like to use tshirt size based projects; small, med, large. Currently we have a default project request template with base quotas on them in the ‘default’ namespace and defined in master-config.yaml witgh projectRequestTemplate: "default/project-request"

This ‘template’ has 5 parameters defined. I have failed to set additional parameters here and get it working. This template works well for most projects. However, we’d like to create new project with based off of different templates.  For example, from a Jenkins build, pick project type (small,med, large) and then the job would create the project and pipeline using that project template.  I have yet to find a way to make this work?.  We currently use the ansible-stacks and dsl plugin with Jenkins to create new pipeline projects that call run the oc command to create new project. But, the oc new-project command only takes 3 arguments that I’m aware of: description, displayname and skipconfig.

Is there a process defined to use a project template based on size, or set parameters on project template? Do I need to remove my default template?.  How is anyone currently creating multisized projects  for ci/cd with different LimtiRange and QuotaResource set?

I would really appreciate if anyone could explain how they are doing this of if it’s even possible. It is no fun to add a post job that removes the ‘default’ quota/limits and creates new one on each project.. Is any one aware of an rfe for new-project command to add options such as quota/limit size?

Thanks

Todd Walters

todd_walters unigroup com

The information contained in this message, and any attachments thereto,
is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain
dissemination, copying, or other use of the transmitted information is
prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender
and delete the material from any computer. UNIGROUP.COM