Re: Service Discovery with DNS lookup

Title: Re: Service Discovery with DNS lookup
Hi Barış Aydınöz.

What exact error do you have?

Are every Masters up and reachable?

oc get nodes
oc get ep kubernetes

Is on every machine the network manger setuped?

systemctl status NetworkManager
egrep ^ /etc/resolv.conf
egrep NetworkManager /etc/resolv.conf

Is on every machine the dnsmasq setuped?

systemctl status dnsmasq
egrep ^ /etc/dnsmasq.d/*

Regards
aleks

on Mittwoch, 11. Oktober 2017 at 12:47 was written:

Hi everyone,

In OCP 3.5, we can query our services like below in dev environment where there is single node. Also org.xbill lib works.

[root ip-10-20-4-38 ec2-user]# nslookup hz.default.svc.cluster.local 172.30.0.1
Server: 172.30.0.1
Address: 172.30.0.1#53

Name: hz.default.svc.cluster.local
Address: 10.129.0.130
Name: hz.default.svc.cluster.local
Address: 10.129.0.131
But, on staging we have a multi-machine installation and we got DNS failures when we query with org.xbill.DNS.Lookup
As a workaround, when we define DNS statically, which is 172.30.0.1, and pass to application it works, how can we overcome this static definition?

Thanks in advance.