Single node cluster

Hi,

one of my clients wants to use openshift on only one server.
I am perfectly aware that this setup won't be HA and will have downtime
whenever it needs to be updated.

Is there any recommended way to deploy OpenShift? Should one use
openshift-ansible (with a one-host inventory)? Is using `oc cluster
up` possible (with --host-data-dir and --use-existing-config)?

Has anyone any experiences with operating and updating a single node
cluster in production?

Thank you,
 Tobias Florek