S2I builds not incremental?

Hi,

we've been using S2I builds for RHOAR for about a month now which is a lot faster and a lot less resource intensive than using Jenkins pipeline builds, but....

the S2I builders are supposed to support incremental builds, and in effect when I run "s2i --incremental <image>" manually it does indeed work, but inside OpenShift the builds are never incremental?

Are we doing something wrong? How do we make OpenShift do incremental builds?

Cheers,

--

TAKO SCHOTANUS

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER