Q: Refer to runtime properties from within "templates"?

Hi,

is it possible in some way to refer to actual runtime values from within an OpenShift template (I'm calling it templates because I don't know the official terminology. I'm referring to the json/yaml files that can be applied using "oc apply" for example).

What I'm really trying to do is to figure out what hostname was used for a Route that was created using an earlier apply and use it in the template that is to be applied.

I'm guessing there's no such thing, but I want to make sure before coming up with some kind of system ourselves to do replacements in template files.

Thanks

--

TAKO SCHOTANUS

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER