Re: Containerized OCP requires atomic-openshift?

The set_version_rpm task in the openshift_version role has the check for the atomic-openshift package. This is fine and is being skipped in my containerised installation. But the same check was added to the main task of the role as part of the 3.6 release (it's not there in the 1.5 branch). Looks something like this

openshift-ansible/playbooks/byo/roles/openshift_version/tasks/mail.yml

block:
  - name: Set openshift_version for rpm installation
    include: set_version_rpm.yml <--- this does the check but it's skipped for containerized, makes sense
    when: not is_containerized | bool

  - name: Set openshift_version for containerized installation
    include: set_version_containerized.yml
    when: is_containerized | bool

  - block:
    - name: Get available {{ openshift.common.service_type}} version <-- same check as set_version_rpm.yml, why here?
      repoquery:
        name: "{{ openshift.common.service_type}}"
        ignore_excluders: true
      register: rpm_results
    - fail:
        msg: "Package {{ openshift.common.service_type}} not found"
      when: not rpm_results.results.package_found
    when: <-- why do we need the rpm package for a containerized install on non atomic hosts (e.g. RHEL)?
    - is_containerized | bool
    - not is_atomic | bool