Re: Hard Disk is full because of OpenShift Origin

What platform are you on?

If you are on MacOS X or Windows try the following.

Run:

    docker run --rm -it -v /:/mnt busybox /bin/sh

This will give you an interactive shell in busybox, but where /mnt has the Docker VM file system mounted.

Then go to:

   /mnt/var/lib/origin

and see how much space is being taken up by running 'du -ks .'.

There is a chance that if you were using persistent volumes in OpenShift, that any data is still taking up space if the directories weren't cleaned up.

This though is data that the Docker VM would be taking up. If the VM disk file has expanded, then removing anything in it may not reclaim it. Not sure how VM disk space works and whether can reclaim or whether just expands.

I am not sure where the comparable directory is when using Docker service on Linux.

For that you could perhaps run:

    docker exec -it origin bash

when oc cluster up is running and then go to:

    /var/lib/origin/

in the origin container and see space consumed there. Will be same directory as get to above, and mounted from external place Docker service has it.

Graham