Re: Openshift Origin and fixed user ID

Alternatively to relying on fixed user ids, you can make the files that your app requires to write, writable to the `root` *group*. For files that your app needs to read, they can be public readable or readable by the `root` group again.

OpenShift will give your container a random UID but the GID 0.

This will allow your containers to run without special permissions which would be more secure.

HTH