Openshift Origin cluster migration

Hi All,

we are checking the possibility to move an existing Openshift Origin 3.6 cluster hosted on a KVM environment to a newer Openshift Origin 3.9 cluster hosted on VMWare environment with more servers and hardware optimized. Into this migration we would maintain the wildcard DNS address and the master API address.

Is it possible to install via advanced installation the newer cluster or the installer tries to contact the older cluster and it can creates issues?

Thanks,
Marcello