Ansible/Origin 3.9 deployment now fails because "package(s) are available at a version that is higher than requested"

HI,

I’ve been deploying new clusters of Origin v3.9 using the official Ansible playbook approach for a few weeks now, using what appear to be perfectly reasonable base images on OpenStack and AWS. Then, this week, with no other changes having been made, the deployment fails with this message: -

One or more checks failed
     check "package_version":
               Some required package(s) are available at a version
               that is higher than requested
                 origin-3.10.0
                 origin-node-3.10.0
                 origin-master-3.10.0
               This will prevent installing the version you requested.
               Please check your enabled repositories or adjust openshift_release.

I can avoid the error, and deploy what appears to be a perfectly functional 3.9, if I add package_version to openshift_disable_check in the inventory the deployment. But this is not the right way to deal with this sort of error.

Q1) How does one correctly address this error?

Q2) Out of interest … why is this specific issue an error? I’ve instructed the playbook to instal v3.9. I don't care if there is a 3.10 release available - I do care if there is not a 3.9. Shouldn’t the error occur if there is no 3.9 package, not if there’s a 3.10 package?

Alan Christie
Informatics Matters Ltd.