Re: Ansible/Origin 3.9 deployment now fails because "package(s) are available at a version that is higher than requested"

Thanks Peter.

Interestingly it looks like it’s Origin’s own “prerequisites.yml” playbook that’s adding the repo that’s causing problems. My instances don’t have this repo until I run that playbook.

Why do I have to remove something that’s being added by the prerequisite playbook? Especially as my inventory explicitly states "openshift_release=v3.9”?

If the answer is “do not run prerequisites.yml” what’s the point of it?

I still wonder why this specific issue is actually an error? Shouldn’t it be installing specific version anyway? Shouldn’t it be error occur if there is no 3.9 package, not if there’s a 3.10 package?

Incidentally, I’m using the ansible code from "openshift-ansible-3.9.40-1”.